The third annual “Brew U” is on tap for Saturday, October 6, 2018, at The Egg in the Student Commons at the CIA’s Hyde Park, NY campus. Brew U is an exciting beer festival that will combine sampling from top breweries—including The Brewery at the CIA—with delicious food from the CIA and fun, educational seminars for beer and culinary enthusiasts.
Come tour the brewery, learn about the college’s Art & Science of Brewing course, and meet CIA Head Brewer Hutch Kugeman and other New York State brewers and beer experts, all while sampling beers and ciders. You’ll also enjoy delicious dishes perfectly paired with beer and prepared by CIA chefs.
“We are thrilled to be bringing together this special selection of breweries to one event on campus. I really want to offer attendees a taste of beers that are a bit harder to find and have really interesting and unique flavors.” — Hutch Kugeman
VIP ticket holders will be admitted one hour prior to general admission (1 p.m.), and enjoy exclusive beer and food tastings. They’ll also receive a gift bag.
General admission to Brew U includes all beer and food during the event, access to all tours and educational seminars, and a commemorative tasting glass.
Early Bird (through September 3):
VIP Admission: $100 (SOLD OUT!)
General Admission: $65
CIA alumni (VIP): $85
Designated Driver: $25
General Registration (September 3–October 6):
VIP Admission: $120 (SOLD OUT!)
General Admission: $85
CIA alumni (VIP): $105
Designated Driver: $35
- Angry Orchard Cider
- Brooklyn Brewery
- Chatham Brewing (Chatham)
- CH Evans Brewing (Albany)
- Crossroads Brewing (Athens & Catskill)
- Dutchess Hop Farm (LaGrangeville)
- Hudson Ale Works (Gardiner)
- Hudson Valley Malt (Germantown)
- Hyde Park Brewing (Hyde Park)
- Indian Ladder Farm Cidery & Brewery (Altamont)
- Interboro Spirits & Ales (Brooklyn)
- KCBC (Brooklyn)
- Keegan Ales (Kingston)
- Mill House Brewing (Poughkeepsie)
- Newburgh Brewing (Newburgh)
- Peekskill Brewing (Peekskill)
- Plan Bee Farm Brewery (Poughkeepsie)
- Rare Form Brewing (Troy)
- Rip Van Winkle Brewing (Catskill)
- Rushing Duck Brewing (Chester)
- Sloop Brewing (Fishkill)
For Brew U attendees who want to broaden their beer knowledge, Brew U will host a series of seminars given by CIA and visiting experts in the brewing industry.
- Beer & Cheese Pairing—this workshop, complete with tastings, is consistently one of the most popular at Brew U
- An Introduction to Trappist Ales—an overview, plus how to navigate and choose based on personal preferences
- The Woods & the Wilds—a vertical tasting exploring barrel-aged and sour beers
- Why Freshness Matters—a vertical tasting of IPA