Our Commitment To You
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and guests is our top priority. As we begin reopening our restaurants and invite you back to our Hyde Park, NY campus, we understand you may have questions about what to expect during your dining experience.
Here are our current health and safety protocols:
- Guests must have a restaurant reservation to visit campus. If you are visiting the Apple Pie Bakery Café, you must have a pre-existing reservation at a campus restaurant or CIA Foodies Boot Camp.
- Masks are required unless you are eating.
- Sanitizing stations have been set up throughout the restaurant and campus.
- Temperature checks will be conducted upon arrival.
- Menus will be digital using a QR code. If you are unable to access a digital menu, we will provide a disposable menu.
- The dining area will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Restaurants will operate at reduced capacity and implement social distancing between parties.
- If you may have been exposed to COVID-19, or are experiencing symptoms, we respectfully ask that you change or cancel your reservation.
Please plan to arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your reservation time to complete a health screening and temperature check. Upon arrival to campus:
- Please enter through the North Gate and check in with campus safety. Proceed straight to the Anton Plaza parking garage.
- After parking, head directly into the CIA Welcome Center located on your right as you enter Roth Hall for a temperature check. You will then be directed to the restaurant.
- Signage will be posted throughout campus to help guide you.
- If you arrive earlier than 15 minutes before your reservation time, please wait in your car.
The Culinary Institute of America has implemented additional precautions to ensure a safe environment for all guests and employees. All restaurants are now equipped with Bluezone® air purification systems.
All employees will:
- Undergo safety training on disinfection, hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
- Complete daily temperature checks and wear face coverings at all times while working.
- Wash and sanitize hands regularly, including upon entering the teaching kitchens, and between interactions with guests.
We further commit that:
- In the event an employee or guest tests positive for COVID-19, we will contact the local health department, and cooperate with public health officials.
- We will post these commitments at our entrances and display readily visible signage to remind everyone of best hygiene practices.